Saturday, March 18, 2017

Street Buggy, Floor Pans Part Two



Here we have the passenger's side floor pan welded in place.For the spot welds, I drilled 5/16" holes evenly around the edge of the new pan then clamped it in place.
I set my MIG per the manufacturer's instructions for 1.5 times the pan thickness and made my welds starting in the middle of the hole and moving out. You need to be sure you are clamped down tightly, any gap between the two pieces and the weld doesn't work. When I do the driver's side I will pend more time to ensure a gap-free fit of the pan so I can spend less time trying to adjust things while I'm welding,

The driver's side pan has now been shortened and tacked together. I'm going to try to get it welded up and installed this weekend. But first it's off to the Minneapolis World of Wheels show this morning. We're looking forward to seeing Gene Winfield's on-site top chop clinic on a 50 Chevy.

Get out there and build something!















No comments:

Post a Comment