Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Working 40-50 hours a week? Got kids in college? Home repairs to keep up? The hot rodding struggle is real here in the mid-west.

Bought the Mustang 20 years ago as a daily driver. It's been a toy for 18 years.

A friend of mine came in one day with an old Edelbrock F4B intake manifold and offered it to me for the Mustang, This is the manifold I had on my 67 Mustang back in high school so I knew I had to make the change.




Changing the intake turned into a complete engine rebuild. And I rebuilt the C4 automatic while I was at it. While the engine and tranny were out. I cleaned and painted the engine bay and complete underside of the car. New exhaust added and things were running well and looking good under the hood.

But now the bottom of the car looked better than the top.

Tear the interior out, all the chrome and glass off the car and head to the body shop. Two new doors, new slightly flared quarter panels to clear the 17" Torque Thrust wheels, new trunk lid and taillight panel. Caspian blue poly urethane with deep deep clear and the body's looking right.

Repainted the interior metal. Installed new seat foam on the old frames with added side bolster. All new "Pony" upholstery and door panels in blue and white two tone.

Rebuilt the front suspension with relocated control arms for better camber angle and lowered stance.

It has been a long time coming but now I have the car I wanted 20 years ago. It was just a matter of finding a couple hours a week when the rebuild started, As it wrapped up I was out in the shop every day. And I'm still married, thanks dear.

Now I have about six solid months of honey do's before i get started on my next project car.

No comments:

Post a Comment